Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What I know about Life

  • I know I'm a work in progress and there will always be a gap between who I am and who I want to be.
  • I know I don't have to be sick to get better, and every day brings opportunities to improve my life and my character.
  • I know it's easier to talk about integrity than to live it, and the true test is my willingness to do the right thing even when it costs more than I want to pay.
  • I know character is more important than competence.
  • I know it takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it.
  • I know I often judge myself by my best intentions and most noble acts, but I'll be judged by my last worst act.
  • I know I can't control what will happen to me, but I have a lot to say about what happens in me.
  • I know pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
  • I know attitudes, both good and bad, are contagious.
  • I know winning is more than coming in first, and there's no real victory without honor.
  • I know it takes a conscientious effort to be kind, but kindness changes lives.
  • I know neither gratitude nor forgiveness comes naturally; both often require acts of will.
  • I know real success is being significant.
  • I know happiness is deeper and more enduring than either pleasure or fun, and I'm generally as happy as I'm willing to be.
  • I know the surest road to happiness is good relationships, and the best way to have good relationships is to be a good person.

No comments: