Thursday, October 9, 2008

DCohio "no one is necessary"

I am of the "no one is necessary" philosophy, so I categorically disagree with your HC and what he's doing. I think that is a common mistake for teachers/coaches in your type of environment (I'm in that environment too)...cutting kids breaks, not holding them accountable, "understanding" their situation...whatever. IMO, all those things really do is create excuses for them and allow them to not experience or learn a cause and affect relationship.

I also won't play kids on my defense who don't lift in the offseason and I don't care what kind of athlete they are...I don't care how big, how strong, how fast...I don't care. If he hasn't put in the time, then he can play JV or he doesn't have to play at all. I only play players I trust...the foxhole example is a good example...my players wouldn't want to go in with a coach who is half@$$ed prepared who they don't trust would they? No difference.

No comments: